Vi Lyles for Mayor – Internship Program
Field Intern Job Description
The Vi Lyles for Mayor Campaign is looking for interns for the summer and fall of 2017. There are multiple positions available.
Roles & Responsibility
- Contact volunteer prospects
- Organize volunteers to canvass or phone bank
- Provide logistic support for different volunteer and campaign activities
- Ensure canvass maps or phone bank lists are available for team
- Provide tally forms for all volunteers
- Manage and lead teams of canvassers into city centers and neighborhoods to reach out to new people.
- Train and work with volunteers for phone bank and canvasses
- Manage data collected
- Assists with organizing volunteers for volunteer, political and fundraising events.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule that will include some evening and weekend work.
- Ability to take initiative, develop ideas and turn them into action.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team in a fast‐paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including many evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal communication skills