Vi Lyles for Mayor – Internship Program
Digital Intern Job Description
The Vi Lyles for Mayor Campaign is looking for interns for the summer and fall of 2017. There are multiple positions available.
Roles & Responsibility
- Utilizing social media management software, manage consistent social media presence.
- Assist in creating a plan for increasing social media channels from 3 (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) to 7 (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, YouTube, LinkedIn & Pinterest).
- Create and publish social media content.
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user interactions and increase community engagement efforts.
- Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using the appropriate content.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our key audiences.
- Update accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from activities and events.
- Grows online social networks by increasing fan‐base and interactions.
- Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Takes pictures and videos to be developed into content for the website and social media.
- Uploads photos and videos to the appropriate Dropbox/Drive/server accounts.
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations. Researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
- Completes other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
- Uses Google Analytics to assess website trends and activity.
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess Facebook trends and activity.
- Uses Twitter Analytics to assess Twitter trends and activity.
- Utilizes HootSuite and Klout to assess the overall performance of social media activities.
- Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Design event and fundraising flyers, to be posted on various social-media platforms and disseminated across the community.
- Design and publish social media covers/banners and profile images.
- Design and create infographics.
- Create programmatic flyers for student registration, to be cross-posted on social media and website.
- Create PowerPoint and/or Prezi presentations, as needed.